NEWSLETTER ELvis 4 (13-01-2015)
Last Friday Ulrich and I met and talked about the future of ELvis. Here are some of the things we discussed:
- Common Policy Plan.
- Hans will read through it once more and delete some of the duplications.
- Ulrich will write something about quality control and about school development versus ELvis development
- We will incorporate a ‘rule’ for when certificates (ELvis/Elos) can be awarded. Schools can always decide for themselves when they issue school certificates for International Activities.
- When all that is done, The CPP will be sent to all heads for their approval and signature.
- It should be clear soon, before the end of January which schools are going to be part of which project and who is going to write the bid:
- KA1 Lecce (with KSF, SOP, and? )
- KA2 ELvis Academy 2 to be written by Sophianum with GDG, KSF, SiLa, HTG, and Hull Uni and?
- KA2 ELvis Production Workshop to be written by Wroughton with?
- KA2 European Care Workers to be written by Guise with?
- KA2 Special Educational Needs to be written by Wroughton with?
For all bids goes that a school that joins should bring something to the bid that others do not…
- Some ideas:
In case a bid falls through or a school does not want to take part we would like to have a ‘safety net’ of projects that can be done anyway because either they do not cost (much) money or can ‘fund themselves’ like:
- A Music Project like the ELvis Peace Concert. Sophianum would like to host a meeting of music teachers who are willing to organise the ELvis choir and orchestra in such a way that there is a repertoire that can be played at different venues to celebrate special occasions. The funding can be done by asking an entrance fee and organising events around it to get sponsorship or crowdfunding.
- Projects like the History Project on WWII and the 60s that cost hardly anything to organise
- Workshops like the one in Wroughton that can be funded by having students who take art pay for the travel.
- The Film Project Patrizia proposed this year
- A red sofa-type project
- Etc, etc…
- All projects should have dates in common (who was responsible for the calendar? Ralf?) so that meetings can be organised close to each other on these dates to enable people to meet after or before the official meetings
- We should have one meeting a year, even if schools are not given funding they should try and make that possible.
- Meetings that we organise within the ELpartnership should be held at schools that do not get funding if possible.
CAN ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE THE MISSING SIGNATURES FOR THE MEMORANDUM ARE?
THEY WERE SEEN IN COGGESHALL AND ÅS, BUT NO SIGN OF THEM IN UTEBO